March 20, 2015
Have you been on an interview and been asked an odd or off topic questions? Maybe, just maybe the questions had a deeper meaning or the interviewer was trying to see how you think…or maybe it was just odd. Thoughts?
Interviewing for a new job is never an easy task. You try to anticipate the questions, study up on the company, get to know the person you’re interviewing with, wear your lucky suit and do mock interviews. But all the preparation in the world won’t help prepare you for the oddball questions found in this year’s edition of Glassdoor’s Oddball Interview Questions for 2015.
That’s right. Today, Glassdoor released its annual report of Oddball Interview Questions for 2015. In the report, it looks at all industries to find what employees say are the weirdest interview questions. The bottom-line, according to Glassdoor, “…be ready for any question during today’s challenging interview process for any tech job.”
Tech industry oddball interview questions
1. “What would you do if you were the one survivor in a plane crash?” – Airbnb Trust and Safety Investigator job candidate (Portland, OR). More Airbnb interview questions.
3. “If you woke up and had 2,000 unread emails and could only answer 300 of them, how would you choose which ones to answer?” – Dropbox Rotation Program job candidate. More Dropbox interview questions.
6. “Given 25 swimmers and a pool with five lanes, what is the minimum number of heats needed to determine the three fastest swimmers in the group?” – CKM Advisors Data Scientist job candidate. More CKM Advisors interview questions.
8. “How many gas stations are there in America?” – Zappos Family Senior Financial Analyst job candidate. More Zappos Family interview questions.
9. “You have a 1 mile long x 1 mile wide private island that you wish to turn into a resort. A plane requires a 2-mile long runway to take off. What do you do?” – Riot Games QA Analyst job candidate . More Riot Games interview questions.